Patriot 338 Bar Feeder
The Edge Technologies’ Patriot 338, available in 6' or 12' configurations, is designed specifically for the U.S. marketplace. These bar feeders are designed for automatically feeding round, square, and hexagonal bar stock in fixed headstock and Swiss CNC lathes with a stock diameter range of 3-38mm and in lengths up to 12 feet.
The Patriot 338 comes equipped with features such as double pushers, a bushing device, touch screen controls, and quick change guide channels.
The Patriot is elegant its design, yet robust in its manufacture and sells with an economic price tag.
Do you have a question regarding the Patriot 338?
Would you like to speak to your Regional Sales Manager?
Contact them here.
Do you have a technical question regarding your Edge Technologies solution?
Visit our Service page and get answers.
Specifications: Patriot 338
- Bar diameter capacity: 3 mm to 38 mm (.118” to 1.500”)
- Automatic loading magazine — 12 linear inches of rack capacity
- Double pusher, space saving design
- Polyurethane guide channel system — noise & vibration dampening
- Quick change guide channels and pusher
- Hydrodynamic support via high volume oil flow into channels
- Mitsubishi motion control — dependable and user friendly, allows easy bar feeder parameter changes
- 36 part program memory storage for quick changeover
- Dual anti-vibration devices - one internal to the bar feeder, the other mounted between the telescopic nose and the lathe headstock
- (1) Guide channel set to be chosen by customer. Several sizes to choose from, each handling a specific stock range. See chart on next page (spindle liner required if channel set is not lathe’s max capacity)
- (1) Standard front telescopic nose to match guide channel set
- (1) O.D. bar stock collet (to be chosen by customer, specific collet needed for each stock diameter)
- (1) Bushing block for outboard anti-vibration device to be chosen by customer based on bar diameter
- Automatic remnant retraction, self centering gripper
- Synchronization device and Swiss lathe adaption kit
- Custom lathe cable and interface plugs
- Air knife with flow control valve
|Bar diameter capacity-no bar preparation:||3 mm to 35.0 mm (.118” to 1.377”)|
|Bar diameter capacity-with bar preparation:||3 mm to 38 mm (.118” to 1.500”)|
|Maximum bar length:||3800 mm (12 feet 5 inches)|
|Minimum bar length:||1000 mm (39.400”)|
|Maximum remnant length:||406 mm (16”)|
|Magazine rack capacity:||12”|
|Bar loading cycle time:||30 seconds for 12-foot bar|
|Material straightness specification:||.007” TIR/foot of material (V blocks, 3 points equidistant)|
|Feed force (pusher torque):||max 450 N, adjustable|
|Forward feed rate:||750 inches/minute max, adjustable|
|Return feed rate:||1000 inches/minute max, adjustable|
|Power consumption:||1.5 kW - (2 kVA)|
|Operating voltage:||230V/60Hz 3-phase|
|Control voltage:||24V DC|
|Oil capacity:||57 liters (15 gallons)|
|Oil viscosity:||ISO 100 cST|
|Compressed air supply:||6 bar (90 psi)|
|Compressed air consumption:||approx. 8 liters per loading cycle|
|Machine weight:||2,500 lbs|
|Guide Channel Sets||Pusher Diameter||Minimum Bar Size||Maximum Bar Size||Max. Bar Size With Front Remnant Expulsion *|
|Ø 13 mm||12.5 mm||3 mm (.118”)||10 mm (.393”)||12 mm (.472”)|
|Ø 17 mm||16.5 mm||5 mm (.196”)||15 mm (.591”)||16 mm (.630”)|
|Ø 21 mm||20.5 mm||8 mm (.315”)||16 mm (.630”)||20 mm (.787”)|
|Ø 26 mm||25.0 mm||8 mm (.315”)||22.2 mm (.875”)||25 mm (.984”)|
|Ø 28 mm||27.5 mm||10 mm (.393”)||25.4 mm (1.000”)||27 mm (1.062”)|
|Ø 33 mm||32.5 mm||10 mm (.393”)||28.5 mm (1.125”)||32 mm (1.259”)|
|Ø 36 mm||34 or 35.5 mm||12.7 mm (.500”)||32 mm (1.260”)||35 mm (1.377”)|
|Ø 39 mm||38.0 mm||15.8 mm (.625”)||35.0 mm (1.377”)||38 mm (1.500”)|
Features: Patriot 338
The top guide channel is profiled for all bar stock sizes. The "U" shaped bottom guide channel sections slide easily out of their base.Read More
As a standard feature on the Patriot Series, the Synchronization device for Swiss style lathesRead More
Dual anti-vibration devices stabilize the bar stock at two critical points between the guide channel and lathe spindle maximizing RPM potential.Read More
The Patriot Series features the convenience of an easy-to-use remote control pendant.Read More
Universal Bushing Blocks
The gripper device holds and inserts the new bar into the bar collet and is also used to extract the remnant.Read More
Touch Screen Control
Easy-to-program and flexible. Memory stores 36 jobs simplifying changeovers. Diagnostics & trouble shooting run from this advanced control screen.Read More