Scout 320 Bar Feeder
The Scout 320 is a magazine style automatic bar feeder designed for feeding round, square and hexagonal bar stock in lengths up to 12', in a diameter range of 3-27 mm, into CNC lathes.
The Scout 320 comes equipped with a Mistubishi controller and Servo drive standard. It also features dual anti-vibration devices that stabilize the bar stock at two critical points between the guide channel and lathe spindle maximizing RPM potential. The polyurethane guide channels increase strength and stability.
If you need a quality bar feeder on a limited budget, look no further than the Scout 320 SE.
Do you have a question regarding the Scout 320?
Would you like to speak to your Regional Sales Manager?
Contact them here.
Do you have a technical question regarding your Edge Technologies solution?
Visit our Service page and get answers.
Specifications: Scout 320
- Bar diameter capacity: 3 mm to 27 mm (.118” to 1.062”)
- Automatic loading magazine — 8 linear inches of rack capacity
- Double pusher, space saving design
- Polyurethane Quick Change guide channel — noise & vibration dampening
- Hydrodynamic support via high volume oil flow into channels
- Mitsubishi motion control — dependable and user friendly, allows easy bar feeder parameter changes-belt drive unit
- Dual anti-vibration devices—one internal to the bar feeder, the other mounted between the telescopic nose and the lathe headstock
- (1) Guide channel set to be chosen by customer. Several sizes to choose from, each handling a specific stock range. See chart below (spindle liner required if channel set is not lathe’s max capacity)
- (1) Standard telescoping front nose matched to the guide channel set
- (1) O.D. bar stock collet (to be chosen by customer, specific collet needed for each stock diameter)
- Swiss headstock synchronization device
- Automatic remnant retraction, self centering gripper
- Custom lathe cable and interface plugs
|Technical Specifications: Scout 320|
|Bar diameter capacity-no bar preparation:||3 mm to 25.4 mm (.118” to 1.000”)|
|Bar diameter capacity-with bar preparation:||3 mm to 27 mm (.118” to 1.062”)|
|Maximum bar length:||3800 mm (12 feet 5 inches)|
|Maximum remnant length:||420 mm (16.500”)|
|Magazine rack capacity:||8”|
|Bar loading cycle time:||35 seconds for 12-foot bar|
|Material straightness specification:||.007” TIR/foot of material (V blocks, 3 points equidistant)|
|Feed force (pusher torque):||max 450 N, adjustable|
|Forward feed rate:||1400 inches/minute max, adjustable|
|Return feed rate:||2360 inches/minute max, adjustable|
|Power consumption:||1.5 kW - (2 kVA)|
|Operating voltage:||230V/60Hz 3-phase|
|Control voltage:||24V DC|
|Oil capacity:||46 liters (12 gallons)|
|Oil viscosity:||ISO 100 cST|
|Compressed air supply:||6 bar (90 psi)|
|Compressed air consumption:||approx. 8 liters per loading cycle|
|Machine weight:||926 lbs|
|Channel||Pusher Ø||Min||Max||Max Bar With Remnant Ejection|
|8||7.5||3mm (.118”)||6.4mm (.250”)||7mm (.275”)|
|11||10||3mm (.118”)||9mm (.354”)||10mm (.393”)|
|14||12||3.2mm (.125”)||11mm (.437”)||13mm (.512”)|
|16||15||5mm (.196”)||12.7mm (.500”)||15mm (.594”)|
|18||16||5mm (.196”)||14.2mm (.562”)||17mm (.669”)|
|20||18||8mm (.315”)||18mm (.709”)||19mm (.750”)|
|22||20||8mm (.315”)||19mm (.750”)||21mm (.826”)|
|24||23||8mm (.315”)||20mm (.787”)||23mm (.905”)|
|28||25||10mm (.393”)||25.4mm (1.000”)||27mm (1.062”)|
Features: Scout 320
Quick Change Guide Channels
The top guide channel is profiled for all bar stock sizes. The "U" shaped bottom guide channel sections slide easily out of their base.Read More
Swiss Sync Device
As a standard feature on the Scout 320, the Synchronization device for Swiss style lathesRead More
Dual anti-vibration devices stabilize the bar stock at two critical points between the guide channel and lathe spindle maximizing RPM potential.Read More
The Scout 320 features the convenience of an easy-to-use remote control pendant.Read More