Turbo 3-26 Bar Feeder
The FMB Turbo 3-26, available in either 6' or 12' configuration, is a magazine style automatic bar feeder designed for feeding round, square and hexagonal bar material into all types of sliding, fixed, CNC, or cam operated lathes.
Quick change polyurethane guide channels allow for quiet operation of the Turbo 3-26 at high RPM while feeding round, square or hex bar stock.
The Turbo 3-26 is compatible with all types of sliding or fixed, CNC or cam operated lathes with spindle bores up to 38mm.
Do you have a question regarding the Turbo 3-26?
Would you like to speak to your Regional Sales Manager?
Contact them here.
Do you have a technical question regarding your Edge Technologies solution?
Visit our Service page and get answers.
Specifications: Scout 320
- Bar diameter capacity: 3 mm to 26 mm (.118” to 1.023”)
- Automatic loading magazine —11 linear inches of rack capacity
- Double pusher, space saving design
- Polyurethane guide channel system — noise & vibration dampening
- Ultra quick change guide channels and pusher—10 minute full changeover, 3 minute changeover within same channel set
- Hydrodynamic support via high volume oil flow into channels
- Bosch motion control — dependable and user friendly, allows easy bar feeder parameter changes with remote pendant
- Outboard roller steady rest—quick adjust system and super rigid design. Mounted to base of machine to provide maximum support of bar stock and pusher
- Separate floor mounted electric cabinet isolates electronics from vibration
- (1) Quick change guide channel set to be chosen by customer. Several sizes to choose from, each handling a specific stock range. See chart on next page. (spindle liner required if channel set is not lathe’s max capacity)
- (1) Universal telescoping front nose and (1) nose I.D. liner specific to pusher
- (1) O.D. bar stock collet (to be chosen by customer, specific collet needed for each stock diameter)
- Swiss headstock synchronization device
- Automatic remnant retraction, self centering gripper
- 48 part program storage
- Custom lathe cable & interface plugs
|Bar diameter capacity-no bar preparation:||3 mm to 26 mm (.118” to 1.023”)|
|Bar diameter capacity-with bar preparation:||3 mm to 28 mm (.118” to 1.102”)|
|Maximum bar length:||3800 mm (12 feet 5 inches)|
|Minimum bar length:||1000 mm (39.400”)|
|Magazine remnant length:||420 mm (16.540”)|
|Magazine rack capacity:||11”|
|Bar loading cycle time:||30 seconds for 12-foot bar|
|Material straightness specification:||.007” TIR/foot of material (V blocks, 3 points equidistant)|
|Feed force (pusher torque):||max 450 N, adjustable|
|Forward feed rate:||1400 inches/minute max, adjustable|
|Return feed rate:||2360 inches/minute max, adjustable|
|Power consumption:||1.5 kW - (2 kVA)|
|Operating voltage:||230V/60Hz 3-phase|
|Control voltage:||24V DC|
|Oil capacity:||80 liters (22 gallons)|
|Oil viscosity:||ISO 150 cST|
|Compressed air supply:||6 bar (90 psi)|
|Compressed air consumption:||approx. 10 liters per loading cycle|
|Machine weight (without oil):||3,025 lbs|
|Guide Channel Sets||Pusher Diameter||Minimum Bar Size||Maximum Bar Size||Max. Bar Size With Front Remnant Expulsion *|
|Ø 10 mm||10 mm||3 mm (.118”)||8 mm (.315”)||10 mm (.393”)|
|Ø 12 mm||12 mm||3 mm (.118”)||10.4 mm (.409”)||12 mm (.472”)|
|Ø 15 mm||15 mm||3.2 mm (.125”)||13.5 mm (.531”)||15 mm (.590”)|
|Ø 18 mm||18 mm||3.2 mm (.125”)||16 mm (.630”)||18 mm (.708”)|
|Ø 20 mm||20 mm||8 mm (.315”)||18 mm (.708”)||20 mm (.787”)|
|Ø 22 mm||22 mm||8 mm (.315”)||20 mm (.787”)||22 mm (.866”)|
|Ø 25 mm||25 mm||10 mm (.393”)||23 mm (.905”)||25 mm (.984”)|
|Ø 28 mm||27 or 28 mm||10 mm (.393”)||26 mm (1.023”)||28 mm (1.102”)|
Features: Turbo 3-26
Roller Steady Rest
This device guides the bar stock between the lathe and bar feeder. Rollers or blocks provide the ideal guiding of round or profiled material.Read More
A mechanical gripping device is used to both insert the new bar into the bar stock collet and to extract the remnant.Read More
See a graphic describing the loading, bar separation, and processing functions of the FMB line.Read More
This device guides the round and profiled bar material between the guide channel and the lathe.Read More
Swiss Headstock Sync
The headstock synchronization device allows the Turbo 3-26 to be compatible with fast moving, sliding headstock lathes.Read More
Quick Change Guide Channels
The guide channel can be changed quickly and easily in about 10 minutes to accommodate other bar stock diameters.Read More